Turn your old pine furniture into something spectacular with our furniture upcycling tutorial. We will guide you through the entire DIY process one step at a time, covering sanding, priming, painting, finishing and customising your furniture.
You will require the following materials to upcycle your furniture:
– a dust sheet to work on
– sandpaper of various coarseness and sanding block
– a foam paint roller and paint tray
– a tack cloth or a household cloth & white spirit
– a paintbrush or two; one for primer and one for the paint coat
– your chosen paint colour, here we’ve used Farrow & Ball’s Purbeck Stone No.25
– 3 new handles (or however many you need)
There are many benefits to refinishing furniture; it’s environmentally conscious, it can save you money and it can provide your home with an interior design unique to you. We hope our video inspires you to undertake your very own furniture makeover!
For more painted furniture ideas and interiors advice, head over to The Cotswold Company Blog https://interiors.cotswoldco.com/