There are two things you experience when holiday emails start to roll in: the pressure to make things for other people and the pressure to enjoy your creative time. Sewing is your hobby after all!
Giving a handmade gift is an act of generosity that shares your creative talents and joy with your friends and family. But what about how you experience your creative time?
This year, we’re practicing 8 weeks of mindful making. Each Wednesday, we’ll share a quick, scrap-busting sewing project, so you can spend the next few months having fun sewing and making things you’ll use (or gift).
Why these 8 projects?
– You’ll have FUN
– These projects are quick, but you’ll feel accomplished when you finish
– Use fabric scraps or notions you have around home
– You can watch a step-by-step video
– See finished examples to give you ideas
This week we’re making rope bowls! All you need is:
– Rope, macrame, cotton cording, or even heavy yarn
– A zigzag stitch
– Optional: fabric scraps for decorative pops of color
Want unlimited patterns every month, plus all the other benefits of joining the Seamwork community?
Our unlimited membership is half off—and gift memberships are half off, too! No promo code necessary, just follow this link: https://www.seamwork.com/join/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=holiday21&utm_id=holiday21
– You’ll get…A library of 200+ sewing patterns, so you can always find patterns that fit your style, which means you can create the things you want.
– The private Seamwork community, so you always have a friendly place to ask questions. Browse projects from 16,000+ fellow members to see what real sewists are making, which means being able to visualize styles on all different body types and in all different fabrics.
– Our popular Design Your Wardrobe 3-week program that gives you the tools and space to plan an entire season of sewing.
– Discounts at your favorite indie fabric shops around the world. These savings alone can sometimes pay for your membership!
– Sewalong classes, so you can watch every step of the sewing process on your own time, which means quickly learning new skills like sewing pants, making swimwear, or assessing fit.
– Help from the Seamwork team when you need it, either through our community, or directly through email. That means you’ll never be alone when you sew again.
If you buy an unlimited plan during this holiday sale, you’ll lock in that price for life. You’ll only pay half price for as long as you are a member.
If you already have a membership but you know someone else who loves to sew, gift Seamwork for half off!
Gift memberships are also half off for our holiday sale, and sewing is always more fun if you create with a friend!
FREE! Download our sewing planner: https://promo.seamwork.com/free-planner/
Check out all our sewing videos on our channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/seamworkvideo
Hi, we’re the folks behind Seamwork, a fun community that supports people (like us) who want to sew their own wardrobes. You can join us and get access to over 100 patterns, tools to help you plan your own wardrobe, lots of ideas in our monthly online magazine, and over 16,000 other sewists to nerd out with in our private community forum.
MORE FROM SEAMWORK:
Join us here: http://www.seamwork.com
Get a free sewing planner: https://promo.seamwork.com/free-planner/
Read the latest issue: https://www.seamwork.com/issues/current
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/seamwork/
GET TIPS BY EMAIL:
FREE! Join Snippets: https://getsnippets.com/